The blog entry we always wanted to make
It’s about time. These are not quite FAQs because they are not “F” but they are real “AQs” so here we go:
1. Why do you put “USA” in theme categories where cards come from USA? The state should be enough.
— We’re global. Our customers in Namibia may not know where Iowa is any more than Americans know where Namibia is.
2. Why do you mix British and American English?
— We don’t want to offend anyone.
3. What do you mean by “local” cards?
— The great majority of postcards come from nationally recognised producers in whatever country, like Curt Teich or L.L. Cook or Mike Roberts in the USA. A few don’t. They’re “local”.
4. Why do you have so many cards of the Wisconsin Dells?
— Because nobody buys them.
5. Is Hong Kong’s postal system safe? We don’t trust China Post.
— Hongkong Post has nothing to do with China Post. Yet.
6. Do you sell more by geography or more by theme?
— Theme, though some countries are popular, Malaysia in particular.
7. Why don’t you show the backs of cards? Wouldn’t it save time in describing? Other sites do this.
— Describing is part of the fun.
— Time and site capacity issues.
— Would you want your personal information splashed all over the net?
8. Are you making money yet?
— Depends on how you define “making money”.
9. Can you give me a discount?
— Sure. See “Special Offers”.
10. What will happen with the site when you can’t do it any more?
— Good question.
11. Who buys these cards?
— People like you.
Bye for now.